Work at Joy
Our people love what they do and love the people they do it with more. We like to have fun and work hard. We are curious and persistent. We embrace differences and live to make an impact. We are committed to our students, the families of our students and to each other. This is #HowSchoolShouldBe.
We hear parents say how The Joy School changes the lives of their kids, but the same could be said for the teachers here. I have never worked at a place where I have felt genuinely cared for as a person. I have never worked at a place that encouraged me to not only be a better employee but a better version of myself. I have never worked at a place where I felt truly safe and loved. At The Joy School, I have not only learned how to be a better educator, but I have learned to be a better version of myself.
- TJS Employee
- Your work will change the trajectory of students' lives.
- You will grow personally and professionally.
- You will be trusted to utilize your creativity and professional judgement daily.
- You will work with other smart, compassionate and curious people.
- You will laugh. A lot.
- You will be part of a team that truly embraces #HowSchoolShouldBe.
- You will be part of a community that takes engagement seriously - and by seriously, we mean wearing costumes every chance we get!
- Plus, we offer lots of other great perks.
- Still not sure? Check us out on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
The Joy School is proud to be named one of Houston's Top Workplaces for the fourth year in a row! We were ranked #6 in the small businesses category and won a special award for Meaningfulness. This is the second time for us to win in the Meaningfulness category. The first time we won was in 2015. In 2017, we were also thrilled to receive a special award for Appreciation.